AC Module Installation
With the Trim Covers installed properly, follow these steps to install the AC Modules:
- Hook the AC Module onto the top lip of the Mounting Assemblies in row one and lower it approximately 45˚ while pulling back slightly on the AC Module.
Note: The remaining roof mount locations should not have Mounting Assemblies installed yet.
- Holding the AC Module at a 45˚ angle, hook the Mounting Assembly into the edge of the frame, ensuring the arrow is facing forward. Line up the mounting base over the Roof Mount as you lower the AC Module.
Note: If the AC Module will sit on more than one Mounting Assembly or Connector Mount, ensure that each component is inserted into the top edge of the AC Module before securing it to the roof mounts.
- While lowering the AC Module into place, continue to pull it slightly towards you to ensure it remains hooked onto the swivel mounts in the previous row. Secure the AC Module to the Roof Mounts using the Mounting Assembly. If the AC Module is not seated properly or sitting evenly with the mounting hardware in row one, make the necessary adjustments.
Note: If adjustments need to be made to one or both of the Mounting Assemblies in row two, turn the base of the Mounting Assembly in either direction to adjust its height. To raise the height, turn the base clockwise. To lower the height, turn the base counterclockwise.
- Once the Mounting Assemblies are all the same height, secure the AC Module to the Roof Mount.
- Install the second AC Module, like the first, and join them together with a panel connector along the frame
- For each additional AC Module in the array, connect the AC trunk cables underneath before securing the next AC Module to the Roof Mounts. This ensures easier accessibility to the assembly components underneath.
- Once the trunk cables are connected, lower and secure the AC Module into place.
- If the corner edges of the AC Modules do not rest on a Connector Mount, use a Panel Connector to join the AC Modules together. Panel Connectors connect AC Modules together structurally along the frame edges and bond them together electrically.
- Continue installing AC Modules, working from side to side, until the layout of your solar array is complete.
In a multi-row system, Jumper Cables are required to connect the second row of AC Modules to the first.